Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Week 8 & First Appointment!

I didn't think this day would ever come, but of course it did..our FIRST doctors visit. Actually, the real appointment is tomorrow (which will be the start of week 9), but Brian and I met with a nurse and 4 other expecting mother's for a 2 hour class. They covered all kinds of information about the different trimesters and we went over our family history. I wasn't feeling well at all yesterday morning - due to a migraine all Sunday night - but I didn't want to miss this first appointment. Brian was my note taker and he did an awesome job! He's going to be such a great dad! Aside from the fact that kids love him, he's so organized and just has it 'together'. I know he'll be a tremendous help throughout this whole process.

They offered for me to get the flu shot yesterday so I got it. I'm not sure what I'll do about getting the H1N1 vaccine, but at this point I don't think I'll get it.

I'm not feeling great today. I'm a little nauseous, which is a first. I don't feel like I need to hover over the toilet, but it could turn that way at any moment.

So tomorrow is the sonogram!! We meet with Sue Martin (a Midwife) at 10:45 and the sonogram is scheduled for 11:30. If I'm being completely honest, I'm nervous..and worried..and excited. I think I'll feel better once we get there!

I weighed in at 126lbs yesterday. The nurse said this will be my starting point. I found out yesterday during the class that women gain an average of 30 lbs during the pregnancy. That seems like a lot to me right now, but I can't wait until I start to see a little belly popping out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment