Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Dear Noah,

We are getting so close to the moment that we will get to hold you for the very first time. I've spent 9 months wondering what you'll look like, and smell like, and feel like in my arms. We've done everything we can think of to make your arrival perfect - your room is ready, your car seat is in place, your clothes are washed and tucked away, but what's really amazing is that in an instant you are going to make us a mother and a father - something we cannot prepare for, but only dream about.

I'm not sure how I feel about sharing you with everyone else. I know that might sound selfish but I don't mean it like that at all because I can't wait for you to meet your grandparents and aunts and uncles - there are so many people who just can't wait to meet you, but you've been ours - and especially mine for so long now. I know that you are a precious gift from God and I have never felt more honored or blessed that He chose me to be your home and to give you life. I don't know anymore what it will feel like to not have you inside of me - to be honest, it scares me a little bit, but then I think about laying eyes on you for the first time and holding you in my arms and I have an instant peace.

I can't wait to feed you and bathe you and to count your fingers and toes. I can't wait to smell your skin and kiss you from top to bottom a million times. I can't wait to see your Daddy hold you for the first time and to watch as your family meets you for the very first time. I can't wait for Jaffe, Stella, and Deisel to look into your carrier with total curiosity for the first time. So many firsts to look forward to!

You already have our hearts, my love.

With wonderment and excitement,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment